Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Catching up







The past few weeks have been awesome. After campus ended for the semester, I spent a week catching up on work stuff, and seeing people I hadn't gotten to see all semester.

This fall was super busy, and a bit rough. It had some rough patches, but by Thanksgiving I felt a lot more momentum, even though the semester was ending.


The week before Christmas I got to spend with my parents in Florida. It was a perfect ending to unwind from the semester. The weather was beautiful, and it was so nice to just relax and enjoy spending time with my parents.

The week after Christmas we had our yearly "Vision" conference with Bridges. Over 1000 students from all over the US filled 3 hotels, and represents about 60 nations!!! It was exciting, but also overwhelming. Each day was packed with conference speakers, seminars, small group discussion times, touring DC, and spiritual conversations. Students stayed up into the wee hours of the morning sharing the gospel with other students. Even though I got "enough" sleep, each day I could barely keep my eyes open past 8pm, because of all the activities. It was fun though. Two girls I had brought were not sure if they wanted to come. one was an American senior, and if she came with Bridges she'd mis
s out being with all her friends at another conference in Indianapolis. The other girl was Chinese, and likes sleeping, and is just starting to learn more about God, and would have preferred going somewhere warm. Well they both had an excellent time, learned a lot, had great conversations, and really got to draw closer to God and understand His heart for the world.

This week I am take a couple days to visit one of my best friends in Delaware, and just enjoy spending quality time with her and her husband. I'm getting to relax, but also get stuff done since they both have to work, but it's nice I can help them out, and just take a few days to rest before I head back to East Lansing.

I can't say I'm ready for the semester to start, and I have definitely enjoyed having much warmer weather, but I feel like I am expectant for this semester. That God will do a lot, keep me busy, and I am hoping I don't get drained.

Thanks for hanging in there despite the lack of updates since this summer! hopefully more to follow soon!

No comments: